THE MIGHTY SIR TRISTRAM – ZABEEL LEGACY CONTINUES THROUGH THE G1 SIRE SENSATION SAVABEEL
Gr.1 winners include Kawi, Pasadena Girl, Diademe, Savaria, Soriano, Lucia Valentina, Costume, Brambles, Sangster and Scarlett Lady
ZABEEL – SAVANNAH SUCCESS BY SUCCESS EXPRESS BROWN 2001 16HH
2015 fee $100,000 +gst
A phenomenal G1 sire.
In an unparalleled display, Savabeel sired 6 G1 winners during 2014/15 courtesy of Soriano, Costume, Pasadena Girl, Savaria, Diademe & Lucia Valentina.
Such a tally equates to one G1 winner for every 37 runners, an astounding statistic that is the benchmark for all other Australasian sires.
Kicking off 2015/16 in the same vein, the sire registered his 10th individual winner with son Kawi winning the Gr.1 Makfi Challenge Stakes.
With previous G1 champions including Sangster, Scarlett Lady and Brambles, Savabeel is distinguished with 9 G1 winners at age two, three, four and five, ensuring the Cox Plate-winning sire provides breeders with all the important hallmarks of his great sire Zabeel and grandsire Sir Tristram.
The most consistent measure of a stallion’s class, however, is his stakes-winners-to-runners (SWTR) ratio. Again at 9.5% SWTR, there is only one other stallion in all of Australasia who compares favourably.
All told, Savabeel has produced 42 stakes winners, with no less than 14 striking black-type distinction during 2014/15 alone.
The sire’s incredible versatility is also borne out by the array of distances over which his stakes-winning progeny have performed at. To this end, he has had 8 superlative sprinters, 22 black-type milers, 18 middle distance stars, 10 stayers and to this, has also celebrated 2 G1 Derby winners, 2 G1 Oaks winners and no less than 14 Cup winners.
What’s more, with just 8 runners, the young sire has already staked his mark as a damsire courtesy of black-type winner Stella Di Paco.
In addition to his progeny dominating on the racetrack, Savabeel has also asserted his dominion over New Zealand’s sire premierships and in Australasian Sale rings.
Savabeel leads both the 2014/15 Dewar Award for his progeny’s Australasian earnings and the Grosvenor Award for the New Zealand Sires’ premiership.
In the sale ring, Savabeel was the leading NZ-based sire at the Ready To Run Sale, with Bryce Heys purchasing his $460,000 sale topper ex Bling. He achieved a similar feat at the 2015 Karaka Premier Yearling Sale, realising an average of $186,795 and a $425,000 top price courtesy of Hong Kong Jockey Club’s bid for his colt ex Invermoray.
Standing for $100,000 plus gst, lfg in 2015. BOOK FULL.
BLACK-TYPE CAST OF 2014-15
- G1 Champagne Stakes, G3 VRC Thoroughbred Breeders S. & Listed Talindert Stakes winner PASADENA GIRL
- G1 Turnbull Stakes and G2 ATC Tramway Stakes winner LUCIA VALENTINA
- G1 Herbie Dyke Stakes, G1 ARC Zabeel Classic & Listed Rotorua Plate winner SORIANO
- G1 NZ Thoroughbred Breeders' Stakes & G3 ARC Westbury Classic winner DIADEME
- G1 NZ Oaks and G3 Lowland Stakes winner SAVARIA
- G1 Hawke's Bay Spring Classic winner COSTUME
- G2 ARC Eight Carat Classic & G2 Royal Stakes winner SAAVOYA
- G3 ATC Aspiration Hcp winner ADORABEEL
- G3 Toy Show Quality Hcp winner MY SABEEL
- G3 Waikato Gold Cup winner SURPASS
- G3 Rotorua Cup winner PUMP UP THE VOLUME
- G3 Taranaki Cup and Listed WRC Anniversary Hcp winner KAWI
- Listed Warstep Stakes winner NO TRICKS
- Listed Macau Lisboa Challenge Stakes winner BOBO SO CUTE